If you are moving to the United States from another country, it’s necessary to go through the immigration process, and that includes a medical examination. You want a doctor who is familiar with the requirements for immigration into the United States.
It’s comforting to know that Dr. Roberto Pena in Austin, TX, can help you with your examination and the necessary paperwork. Dr. Pena is a Civil Surgeon for USCIS, so he is an expert at the immigration process.
What to bring with you for your examination
When you are coming into the office for your exam, there are a few pieces of information to bring along with you. Remember to bring your:
- Medical history
- Vaccination records
- Records of current health problems
- Records of current treatments
- Photo ID or passport
You also need to download form I-693 from the USCIS website for Dr. Pena to complete.
What to expect during your immigration examination
- During your immigration medical examination, Dr. Pena will:
- Check your medical history and record the necessary information
- Perform a complete physical examination
- Test for drug and alcohol use
- Screen for illnesses and diseases
- Perform a complete mental examination
- Check your vaccination history and administer any necessary vaccinations.
Required vaccinations for entry into the United States
The required vaccinations to enter the United States include:
- Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids
- Haemophilus influenza type B
- Hepatitis B
You must show documented proof of required vaccinations, according to the Immigration and Nationality Act legislation passed by Congress in 1996. Dr. Pena can provide you with the documentation you need to satisfy this requirement.
To find out more about the medical requirements for entry into the United States, talk with an expert, Dr. Robert Pena, in Austin, TX. Dr. Pena is a Civil Surgeon for USCIS and is uniquely qualified to help you with immigration into the United States. You can reach him by calling, (512) 477-4693 so call today.